Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Get Ready, Get Set, Go!

Why is it so hard to loose just a few pounds? I turn the TV on or go online and see many stories of overweight people who have lost lots of weight. In occasions hundreds of pounds. I went online and found two different statistics about how many people go on a diet every year in the US alone. This is what I found, I am sure the numbers will keep changing if I keep searching:


a- About 45 million Americans diet each year, spending $1 billion to 2 billion per year on weight-loss programs. 
b- Each year, an estimated 80 million Americans go on a diet, spending more than $30 billion annually on all types of diet programs and products.


What is the real number? who knows in reality, but every day thousands of people go on a form of diet or some sort of a program that will help them loose weight. This week I will start my own, it is the most famous of all programs and has always given 100% results when you follow it. "Eat Less" lol. Besides eating less, some foods will be replaced by more healthy ones, in addition to daily exercise.



When I ran the Long Island Marathon in May this year, I was at the mid 150's. I have been struggling with this 10 lbs for the past few months, and they seem to not want to go away. Making a blog and posting my progress will pretty much force me to stick with what I plan to do. 


I will try to keep the blog updated every day if not every two days so people will not get bored reading about what I ate and so on. I will try to make it as interesting as my imagination lets me and hope that others will benefit or at least get encourage to go for it. 


The goal is an easy one, nothing crazy. I noticed in many sites I've been on,  that people that set out to loose 20-30 lbs in a short time tend to give up because the results vary or slow down after loosing the first few pounds. Which makes perfect cense, the body eventually adjust to your eating habit and routine causing the weight loss to slow dow significantly. When this happens you have to push the body even further and this is where people get stuck. 


My goal is to loose those 10 lbs that have been hunting me for the past 5 months. It may seem like a very small challenge, but trust me, my metabolism is not a fast one and not been able to run as much as I did before has made this a big challenge for me. So 10 pounds or more in 6 weeks. That is 2 pounds per week. So without further delay, let the game begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment